By default, each semester new Blackboard course areas are automatically created, and go "live" - ready for you to add new content and tools. No course materials will be copied over from old course areas, so if you want to copy over any content that is still relevant to the course you are teaching, you can use the Course Copy feature.
Before you begin, first make sure you have access to the old new course areas you wish to copy your content over to. Click here to view instructions on how to add yourself to new course areas if you currently do not have access.
- Navigate to the course you wish to copy from, open the Packages and Utilities menu and click Course Copy
- On the Copy Course screen browse to locate your destination course
- In the Select Copy Options section, select only the content areas and tools you wish to copy. Please do not choose the Select All option. Pages such as Resources/Reading Lists and Announcements are already available in the new course area and so should not be copied. Assessments must be set up manually each semester and also cannot be copied.
- Click the Submit button to initiate the copy process
- Once you have migrated your content to a new course area, you will need to update any outdated content and check any links used.
See the video example below: